Anyway. So, on my slightly-regular
I've been having so much fun finding new bloggers to follow, and it feels so cool to have others follow me as well! (Thanks so much, you guys!!!) So, this is a great opportunity for other new bloggers to meet more people, and for experienced bloggers to help newbies like me out!
So, anyway... on the the
The rules are simple: just share a little bit about yourself!
(warning: I don't know what "a little bit" means...I tend to be wordy, but it's because I love to share...I'll get better, promise! hehe)
1. what state you are in
2. your current teaching position
2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource
- I am currently living in the Great (albeit hot!) State of Texas. =) I have lived in the Austin area for nearly 9 years now. However, I grew up and spent the first 15 years of my life in Oklahoma. I love living here, but I miss my friends up "north". I also spent almost a year of my life in the suburbs of Chicago, while my husband was in the Marine Corps. Truth-be-told...I'd move back there in a heartbeat! I absolutely loved having seasons! The joke that I was told when I moved to Austin was that there are two seasons: Summer, and February. Turns out...it's not a joke! It's incredibly true! I had no asthma or allergies in Chicago (Austin is one of the allergy-capitals of the country!), and I loved that I could park at my Home Depot, hop on the Metro Rail, and take a relaxing train ride down into the b-e-a-utiful Downtown Chicago! *sigh* I love Austin too...but there was something about Chicago...
- I am currently teaching First Grade. But, I am not just new to teacher-blogging...I'm new to being a teacher! Well, that's not entirely true... I was a Kindergarten Readiness/Pre-K teacher for 10 years. But, this is my first official public school teaching job! I am super-duper, geeked-out excited for it! Completely overwhelmed, absolutely! But, I'm not going to let that dampen my excitement... It's going to be a fan-TAB-ulous first year! My team rocks! And I can't wait to get into that classroom already! hehe
- Okay...I kinda double-dipped this question into the last one. But, here goes: I taught Kindergarten Readiness/Pre-K for about 10 years. I started immediately out of high school, because it was an awesome summer job (no weekends, and off by 6pm every night). Who knew that would be where I'd park my career for so long?! But, it blossomed into a real love for teaching...and for those cute little "light bulb" moments when a kid really gets it! I also interned and student taught in 3rd grade, so that was a full year. They were great. I loved the curriculum! Especially teaching multiplication and division! Math is kinda my thing. Then I did two long-term sub jobs in what is now my school last year--one in second and one in fourth. I liked them both, for different reasons. All of this had really made it hard to pinpoint my "ideal" grade...but I'm super excited to give first a shot!
- I started this blog in February 2011. It's only just now getting going, though, since June...when I got my job! But, it's not my first blog. I have a personal (and neglected) blog that I started in March of 2010, on my birthday. I want to get started back up with that one, too. But, my first blog was a Xanga (holy-g...does anyone remember that?!) that I started in 2004. I was very diligent about that one for about 4 years...but it got hacked, and then I discovered Blogger and never went back.
- The best, newest tip that I received, was actually shared with me by Sophia at How Cute Is This, from The Cutest Blog on the Block. It was how to add my signature to my blog, and get rid of that pesky, link-indicating box around it! You can find out how here.
Thanks for reading! I warned you I can be wordy. haha
Okay, lastly, I wanted to share with anyone who hasn't seen already, this ah-mazing MEGA GIVEAWAY from Jenn at Finally in First! She is celebrating 2,000 followers, and she and 23 of her favorite bloggers are giving away some fan-TAB-ulous items to 24 lucky winners!!! There is only one day left, so if you haven't done it yet, get over there and enter!
Well, that is all for tonight! I can hear your eyes rejoicing. hehe